Monday, February 23, 2015

Muscle Spasms, Insomnia, Tinnitus, Mental Fog

In November of 2010, DTE installed a smart meter on our home.  This was done without our prior knowledge or consent.  We were not aware of the installation of this meter until April of 2011, when I observed it while doing yard work.  The meter is mounted on the exterior of our home 3 feet from my head when I sleep at night.

During the winter of 2010-2011 I began to have health concerns.  For the first time in my life, I was unable to sleep through the night.  I would awaken nearly every night with muscle spasms in my lower extremities that required my getting out of bed to walk around my home to relieve them.  In addition, I regularly woke up between 3:00 and 3:30 AM, unable to go back to sleep.

I had developed tinnitus in 2003.  My tinnitus began after a cell phone tower was built on the corner of Hickory Ridge Rd. and Rose Center Rd. in Rose Township.  This cell tower is 1.5 miles from my home.  After installation of the smart meter, my tinnitus symptoms increased dramatically and these symptoms persist to this day.

During the winter of 2010-2011 I became chronically fatigued and found that I had periods where I was unable to think clearly or remember things in the manner to which I was accustomed.

Installation of the smart meter resulted in another problem for me.  After the installation of the smart meter, I began to suffer severe reactions from my cordless phone.  I was not aware of the toxicity of the cordless phone until after the smart meter was installed.  I began to lose my hearing from talking on the cordless phone.  My ears were making copious amounts of earwax to protect my inner ears from the damage that the cordless phone was causing.  I now have corded phones in my home and do not use a cell phone.  This has helped, but I still suffer from raging tinnitus. 

[Click “Read more” below to read the rest of this story.]




During this same winter, I became aware of the subject of the impending smart grid through independent media.  I listened to interviews with numerous persons who were speaking out on the health and privacy dangers of smart meters.  When I discovered the meter on our home in April of 2011, I called DTE and requested that they replace my meter with an analog meter.  I was told that they would not do this.  I called again several days later and requested that an appointment be set up with one of their personnel to visit my home to discuss another option.  I was told that a message would be left with the appropriate party and that they would contact me within 48 business hours.  I did not receive a call.  I discussed the possibility of providing a mounting board away from the house with my husband and he agreed to do this.  After a week went by, I called DTE again and asked why I was not contacted.  I explained that we were willing to provide a mounting board and pay the cost to relocate the meter away from our home.  I was told that I was being a nuisance and that I needed to stop calling them with complaints.  I was told that the smart meter was safe for human health and that the meter only sent information 2 times per day.  I deeply regret not keeping a log of the dates, times and names of DTE personnel that I talked to during that time.



My husband and I began researching the possibility of other options to mitigate the effects of the smart meter.  We purchased an electrosmog meter to measure the microwave radiation levels in our home.  To our dismay, the electrosmog meter was registering high levels of microwave radiation.  We were measuring the radiation in microwatts per square meter.  The smart meter was pulsing these several times a minute, not twice a day.  We purchased a Stetzer meter to measure for dirty electricity through the duplex receptacles in our home.  We had to purchase 16 Stetzer filters to mitigate the dirty electricity we found.  My husband purchased a material that absorbs microwave radiation.  He fabricated a meter shield for the smart meter and wrapped it in the material.  I installed a sheet of this material on the inside of the exterior wall of our bedroom where the smart meter is located.



The meter guard, microwave shielding material and Stetzer filters have helped, but this is not a fix for the horrifying effects caused from the smart meter.  Unfortunately, the layout of my home prevents me from moving my sleeping location within my home.  I would have to sleep in my living room.  After the meter shield was installed on the smart meter, our electrosmog meter did not register any microwave radiation in our bedroom.  I began to be able to sleep more comfortably and now I can enjoy a good night's sleep.  The nightly muscle spasms have become an occasional thing, but the tinnitus persists.



A recap of the health effects of the smart meter on my physical health:

  • Insomnia
  • Muscle Spasms During the Night While Sleeping
  • Fatigue and Mental Fog
  • Tinnitus
 Belle Jackson
Holly,Oakland County, Michigan
DTE Customer
 



health problems, concerns, effects, radiation, dirty electricity, electromagnetic interference, EMFs, sick, ill, chronic health conditions, concerns , electric, gas, advanced meter, sickened, cancer, risks, effects, affects, hurt, heart palpitations, anxiety, brain fog, scattered, pain, TMJ, muscle, memory problems, insomnia, pvcs, high blood sugar, blood pressure, symptoms
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments on smart meters and health. If you have a personal story on how smart meters have affected your life, you can post it here, but please also submit it directly to us via our our email: smartmetereducationetwork @gmail.com. Comments should be your personal stories. We welcome scientific information, provided you back it up with source citations.